Sunday 16 August 2015

Anime Eyes Makeup






Model: Charli Elber from Mode Models International
Photography: Alyssa Lau from Ordinary People Blog
Makeup and hair: Me! =)

Hi!

For those of you who follow Alyssa from the Ordinary People blog, you may have noticed that her and I had recently collaborated on a creative project! I was super stoked when she told me about her creative vision, and how she wanted me to implement the makeup on her model. This is by far my most favorite creative shoot! I had a super fun time doing the eye makeup especially, and enjoyed watching Charli transform to a real life anime character. This makeup style was heavily inspired by anime characters, as well as one of the shoots that FKA Twigs had done. 

Most of the makeup used on Charli's eyes is from the Make Up For Ever Flash Palette, andddd once again, I had fallen in love with the diversity and coloration of this product. OH! And by the way, Alyssa had also filmed the process of me transforming Charli into that of you see in the photos.  Many thanks and much talent goes to that girl =) Check out the video here:



Let me know what you guys think!

Love, 
Carmen

Instagram: carmen_cl91
Twitter: carmenli_mua

PS: On a completely random note, I've been recently reflecting on what it means to love one another. To love is to sacrifice, and to sacrifice is to love. Let's all work on sacrificing for one another to make this world a better place, whether it may be for friends, family, acquaintances, or strangers. It can be something as simple as giving up your seat on the bus for someone else!  

"Greater love has no one than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends." - John 15:13

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."
 - Philippians 2:3-4




No comments :

Post a Comment