Sunday 14 June 2015

Empress of China Makeup



Hello Beautifuls, 

So for a while, I've been wanting to do something more than the typical beauty makeup looks, so I've decided to dig a lil' deeper and go all the way back to the ancient days. Here it is! A look worn by Chinese celebrity Fan Bing Bing in the Chinese Drama called Empress of China. The overall look consists of a milky white complexion with brown & coral colored eye shadow, red lips, and completed with a hand painted lotus flower on the middle of the forehead. 

On the eyes, I used a matte brown eye shadow and swept it over my entire lids. I then used the Jill Stuart eye shadow palette in Mixed Berry Crepe and used the coral red over the brown to warm things up. I then thickly lined my eye with the red color in Makeup For Ever's flash palette, and then closely lined my eyes with Mac's gel liner. This allows for the red liner to appear as if it is sitting right on top of the black! Stick on a pair of natural falsies to complete the eyes. Mascara is only needed at the bottom lashes for more volume. Eyebrows are kept clean, long, and straight with a hint of red. To get the hint of red to appear on the brows, simply just run a bit of red eyes shadow over. 

Use a matte red lipstick over the lips and draw in the lotus on your forehead, and voila! You're done! You can either draw in the lotus with a red lip liner or a red lipstick using a brush. Either way, it works! And there you have it! You've turned yourself into an ancient Chinese princess. =)

Let me know if you guys have any questions! I know it can be difficult to understand and explain when everything is on text. 

With loads of love, 
Carmen


No comments :

Post a Comment