Monday 23 February 2015

Flawed Perfections

Images taken by my cousin D and I. All makeup by me.

Above is a compilation of a couple of my own favorite makeup artistry creations. I get inspired by runway looks around the world, especially in London, NYC, Seoul, Tokyo, and also from editorial looks by Chanel, Dior, and Tom Ford. I also tend to mix in street style and grunge looks with high fashion makeup.

It breaks my heart to see people nowadays with low self esteem, low self confidence, self hate, and just being non-appreciative with what they have. I believe each and every one of you are carefully crafted and made beautifully, and everyone is unique in their own ways. Therefore, I encourage you readers to appreciate and respect yourselves, and know that there is more to this world than what we see. Makeup can be used creatively to express ourselves and for us to have fun, but always remember that it is ultimately used to enhance and bring out the natural features that were gifted to you. Makeup is not a mask, and by no means is it to hide who you truly are.

Feel free to share with me your favourite makeup looks or your favourite makeup gurus. I'd love to check them out! All of the photos above are also on my instagram @ carmen_cl91

Love,
Carmen


No comments :

Post a Comment